Friday, July 4, 2008

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Lifted some photos off work's photo archive (with permission of course!). Here's one of the full stage during the rehearsal on Friday. You can see folks already setting up to claim their spots, the regulars were out by 10 am (late by Central Park standards!) including our beloved favorite guy, bikini man (don't ask!). Everyone was in a good mood and hopeful that the weather gods would be kind to us (they were).



This was probably the last big project I'll be doing with my very long time boss since he's retiring as of September 1. It's been 23 years that I've been in the office working directly for the guy (although he's not always around since he spends a lot of each day on stage). My ex-boss is here on the left and my yet-to-be boss is on the right.


My "xb" is going to Germany for a break and I'm sure it will be very different from being on stage very day. So much less stress and a much altered pace. This photo sort of sums up a lot, one guy being very focused and totally in the middle of everything, the other, while aware of what's up around him, much more casual.

So its goodbye to the stage, goodbye to NYC and goodbye yellow brick road.

No comments: