Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Run Around


Finally getting a bit of my life back after the concert, so I've been running the past few days. I have a 5K on July 12 and need to get back to my workouts.

Here's the world record holder, Tirunesh Dibaba, who on June 6, 2008, set a new record of 14 mins 11 sec for the women's 5K. My first 5K was 39 mins. Ouch! So I have a ways to go even to be good in my age category in Rockland County.

I am totally gun-ho on the iPod for running. Here are a few of my recent downloads I'm running to:

Cornershop - Brimful of Asha
Aimee Mann - Freeway
O.A.R. - Love and Memories
R.E.M. - The One I Love
G. Love and Special Sauce - Peace, Love and Happiness
Iggy Pop - Real Wild Child
Coldplay - Viva la Vida

Lots of great infomation on exercise in the Times, I personally like the "Well" column. For a fountain of youth, put on some sneakers. You can read about it here and here.







No comments: