Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hot, Hot, Hot

Wow, it is quite warm these past few days. We are packing the bunny cage with blue ice and the bees are going crazy fanning the hive. They are also doing this weird thing of hanging out, literally, in a ball below the opening. Bruce is getting another hive, they are reproduced so rapidly he's concerned they are going to swarm.







Here's the ball thing - they actually make a bridge with their bodies and just keep piling on until its this large mass. The bee verizon of a mosh pit I suppose. Amazing.

It's way too hot to go running outside so I'm about to hop onto the treadmill. Thank heavens for Craigs List!

There are actually a couple of $10 a month gyms in Rockland County and I'm going to check them out this week while I have time. One of them was named one of the best in the county and the price is certainly right. No classes, but I can go and lift weights.

Bruce was finally able to hook up my Carlisle Mini CC and oxycon the other day and I was able to sit down and do a few beads. After two, between the kiln and the torch, the temp got to be about 100 degrees in the studio. So it's either have the AC on all the time or do the beads at night. I have to build up my inventory, the LI show is only about 5 weeks away. No way am I doing the same schedule as last year, it was way too crazy. The show schedule will be on the bead site at www. gracefulfire.com.

Here's an image I'll leave everyone with:

No comments: