Thursday, October 2, 2008

Found Object Art / Steampunk


So, I have been doing a lot of reading, looking and googling lately on the Gothic subcultures that are cropping up. Absolutely love Victorian Goth. I'd love the wardrobe of Helena Bonham Carter in "Sweeney Todd". Of course, being in Manhattan ever day means I get to see a lot of variation (although not nearly enough, wake up people!)

The latest one that is getting a bit more widely recognized is Steampunk, which I find combines the ingenuity of found object art, the fun of clothing as theater and the humanization of technology. It has spurred me to re-visit some found object art/altered art that I have been learning/doing. Look for some pieces in the future on Etsy.

Read about the movement in the Times:here

Here's a modded computer done in steampunk style! Wow!

No comments: