Saturday, April 19, 2008

Friends

Saw and heard from a number of friends this week. One friend lost her Mom a little unexpectedly. Very hard to deal with for any of us and to have a loved one abruptly taken is really tough.

Another friend was visiting from out of town, with a sib that's even further out of town. They did the Broadway weekend, Gypsy, Curtains and Candide in 3 days plus museums and...you name it. Whew! Fun but it makes me happy I don't have to do that; its all in my backyard. And I love that these two sisters made time for each other (and me!)

My son has already worn a hole in the socks I knit him recently. Had to explain the importance of washing to him. Jeez. Washable wool is great but they can be so cozy the kids don't want to take the socks off! Next time, double strands, and double heels.

No comments: